The 2014 Blue Marlin Grand Championship of the Gulf
Everything about this tournament is GRAND!
Exciting Restaurant and Entertainment options
Lavish Billfish Parties
Incredible Street Entertainment each night
Weigh Ceremonies unlike anywhere in the world
...and the one and only - Miss Billfish!
"...this is one, if not the best tournament going."
"Best hype and production..."
"...best weigh-in location ever."
"This will be THE PREMIER tournament on the gulf in 2014."
In just a few short years, it's become "The Greatest Show in Sportfishing,"
and for good reason. From the Triple Crown Fighting Chair Challenge at the CrewFest Party and the Leader of the Pack Bimini Start to the Miss Billfish beauty pageant and presentation of millions of dollars in prize money, it's a tournament that's both tightly orchestrated and yet packed full of exciting events.
If there's just one tournament you fish in 2014, make sure it's this one.
You will not be disappointed.
And the Finale of the Tournament:
So what makes this such a special event? Here's your answer...
- A World-Class Location: The Wharf Entertainment Complex and Marina in Orange Beach, Alabama is a perfect spot to host a high-energy event like the Blue Marlin Grand Championship. There are plenty of options for dining and entertainment just steps from the marina. Just dock and go.
- Exclusive VIP Team Owner's Reception Party: Prior to the kickoff on Wednesday evening we'll host a red-carpet welcome reception for Team Owners only.
- The Leader of the Pack Bimini Start: Think you're fast? Watch the 2013 Champions on You Never Know defend their title this year as the fastest sportfisherman in the Gulf. The winner will receive a one of a kind original painting of their vessel from marine artist Larry Rackley.
- CrewFest: This goes down Tuesday evening. Live entertainment, terrific food and drinks and more, all for the captains and crews. Capping the event is the Triple Crown Challenge Fighting Chair Competition.
- Helicopter Video Coverage: We will video the fleet during the Bimini Start and prior to the weigh in each evening, with the footage being displayed on the twin JumboTron screens and also streaming live on the tournament website.
- High Energy Weigh-Ins: You'll feel like a rock star walking out on the stage to weigh in your fish, with the music pumping and thousands of spectators cheering your every move. We awarded over $1 million dollars in prize money in 2013 and expect an even bigger purse in 2014.
- The One and Only Miss Billfish Contest: Crowning the best and most beautiful on the Gulf Coast!
the presentation of the 2014 Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship trophy! Jon Gonsoulin's Done Deal
team has captured this award for the last two years in a row—can they go three for three or will another team emerge victorious?
were mailed January 1, 2014 to each of the teams that participated in the 2013 tournament. Open Invitations followed on March 1, 2014. (Just because you receive a Priority Invitation, it is not a guarantee of a position in the 2014 field. Without registration and payment of entry fees there is no guaranteed position in the tournament!) Five teams from 2013 rolled over a portion of their winnings and are already locked into the 2014 fleet and we expect this event to sell out quickly. There is a strict cap of 55 boats, although the top five teams from the Gulf Coast Triple Crown standings after the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic will be eligible to register so that they may have a shot at the Triple Crown title.
*New for 2014!
This year we're offering something brand new: we'll auction off the 56th entry in the tournament to the highest bidder and one hundred percent
of the proceeds will go to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. It's a win-win for both the anglers and the kids so don't miss this "Last Chance to Fish" auction.
For more information contact Beverly Morgan for Registration and Marina information by phone at (251) 224-1900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org